Columbia Laboratories offers AOAC approved rapid yeast and mold testing for hemp and cannabis.
The following six tests were granted PTM status in June:
- Neogen Soleris® Direct Yeast and Mold
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Yeast and Mold Count Plate
- bioMerieux s.a. TEMPO Yeast and Mold
- Nissui Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. CompactDry “Nissui” YMR
- MilliporeSigma SimPlate® Yeast and Mold Color Indicator
Columbia Laboratories offers 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate for hemp and cannabis matrices.
Most of these methods have been previously validated by AOAC for various food products, and Columbia has been performing these tests on nutritional products for years and now cannabis.
Rapid Yeast and Mold testing:
- Price: $16
- Sample Size: 20 grams
- TAT: 48-72 hours
“Bringing food safety practices to cannabis testing is key for the validity and safety of cannabis products in the open market,” said Kelly O’Connor, Sales Director, Columbia Laboratories. “Rapid Yeast and Mold testing allows our clients to quickly assess their biomass/flower for quality and safety.”
Information about the test kits and their performance can be found on the AOAC website.